To our valued patients:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good spirits through these tough times.
This letter is primarily to give you an update on the status of our practice and the technology
and protocols we have implemented. This is for the safety, not only of our patients, but for our staff as well.
The Governor of Ohio permitted dental practices to begin treating patients again for elective procedures on May 1st.
We started that day with normal operations as far as elective dental procedures (cleanings, fillings, etc.)
We are using several safety protocols to protect our patients and our staff and to maintain social distancing.
These procedures are as follows:
- When you arrive, please come to the office at your appointment time. The staff will have your treatment
room ready so we can bring you back with no wait.
- Please arrive wearing a mask. This provides protection for you while in the lobby of the building, as well
as in the community elevator and hallways. If you don’t have a mask, we can provide one for you at our cost.
- We will conduct pre-screening and have you sanitize your hands at the front desk. Pre-screening includes a
temperature check with a touchless forehead thermometer, and use of a pulse oximeter to check oxygen levels.
- We are staggering patient appointments so that we can maximize social distancing.
- We ask that patients enter the office on their own, unless the patient is under 18 years old, or the patient
needs extra assistance by a caregiver.
- Since the closure of dental offices in March, we have been working to reschedule two months of appointments.
The schedule for elective dental care is completely booked, so we urge you to make every effort to keep your
appointment time. If you must cancel, we ask that you provide at least 48 hours notice to avoid a missed appointment fee.
- There will be a nominal PPE surcharge of $15 per appointment to cover the increased cost to protect our patients and staff.
This fee is not being covered by insurance, but is certainly something that you, as their customer, have every right
to demand they cover.
We take our patients’ and staffs’ health and safety very seriously. In addition to the aforementioned protocols, we have
installed plexiglass barriers at the front desk and assistants will be using high volume suction throughout your appointment.
We take pride in our office’s reputation and emphasis on technology. This technology helps us to improve patient care and safety.
The office is now a MicroShield 360 Certified Facility. MicroShield 360 is an anti-microbial coating system that is EPA registered
and FDA approved. The system creates a preventative surface that protects treated areas from germs, bacteria, pathogens, mold, and
it will neutralize Covid-19 if the virus contacts the treated surface. This professional application will prevent future pathogens
from living on treated surfaces for a period of one year.
We will be offering Covid-19 Rapid Antibody testing to patients as soon as it becomes available to us. This testing is as easy
as a simple blood sugar test and delivers results in 10 minutes.
We are continually working to exceed our patients’ expectations. We truly feel that we have created the safest possible environment
for our patients and staff. If there are any questions you have about our technology or protocols, we would be more than happy to
discuss them with you. Please call us anytime and we look forward to seeing you soon! Stay safe!
Colleen G. Vienna, DDS and Staff